About the Library SPDM College, Shirpur
The library of SPDM College is the oldest and largest academic library in the Khandesh region of North Maharashtra. With a legacy that is close to 52 years, the Library having carpet area of 299 Sq.M. This vast repository of books has a collection of 64148 books and subscribes to 48 journals and magazines, of which 3 are foreign journals. The library has a pleasant and well ventilated reading facility for undergraduate students in the ground floor with a seating capacity for 200 students. The reading room is kept open from 7:00 am to 6:00 on all working days for 125 students. The Karamveer Dalan is a state-
The Library also houses a state-
The library offers open access to post-
Sr. No .
Name Of Employee
Mrs. M.K. Ahirrao
M.Sc B.Ed, M.Lib. SET
Mr. Sonawane N.K
Mr. Girase U.B.
Mr. Patil S.S
Mr. Wani L.L
Mr. Karankal S.B
Mr. Deshmukh H.K
Objectives of Library
1. To acquire, update, maintain and provide a qualitative and quantitative collection of books, periodicals and other instructional material of electronic resources to support the academic programme and educational objectives of the college.
2. To include in collection various fields of knowledge as well as of career and character building.
3. To provide quality services to faculty and students for achieving their curricular as well as co-
4. To inculcate reading habit among students and to encourage collaborative efforts among library staff and students to maximum utilization of library resources
Establishment of the Department
The Department of Library has been established right from the inception of the college (Academic Year 1962 – 1963).
Library Committee -
1. Dr. S.N.Patel -
2. Prof. N.M. Kazi -
3. Prof. V.M.Patil -
4. Mrs. M.K.Ahirrao -
5. Dr. P.T.Gaikwad
6. Dr. R.N.Lungse
7. Prof. A.E.Mali.
1. Reading Hall
2. Journals , Periodicals & News paper & old Question Papers -
3. Online Library Services.
4. Display of New Arrivals -
5. Information Extension services
7. Indexing services
9. Daily newspapers are kept at the counter and available for reading to everybody
10. Users Awareness Program.
11. Distribution of library card & Reader’s card with Students College I card.
12. Physically Open Access
13. Home Issue counter
14. Reference Service for The students / Outsiders: -
15.Book Bank: -
16.CD facility :-
17. News Clippings :-
18. Suggestion Box: Students can drop their recommendations for books and any other suggestions in this box kept near book showcases. The suggestion box opens on every Saturday at 2-
Highlights of the Library
1. Ph D. Thesis : 22
2. Competitive Exam Materials : 380
3. Special collection of Rare Books : 23
4. Special collection of old Marathi Dramas : 57
5. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar study centre : 342
6. Mahatma Gandhi Research & Study Centre : 558
7. Sardar Patel Study Centre. : 101
8. Human Right : 218
9. Women Study Centre : 80
10.Value Education (HR) : 18
11.Tourism Study Centre : 112
12.Pandit Javaharlal Nehru Centre : 262
COLLECTION OF LIBRARY
1. Books -
2. CD -
3. News Paper – 12
4. Periodicals -
Value Added Services
1. OPAC (Online Public Access).
2. INFLIBNET(Information of Library Network)
1. We invite more than ten book distributors to participate in the yearly Book Exhibition
2. Books of Indian as well as foreign authors & publishers are kept for display.
1. Every year on the 6th Dec. – “Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Mahaparinirvandin” Special collection of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar related books Exhibition.
2. Woman's days a joint program with ‘Women Development Cell of SPDM college’
3. ‘Bharatiya Stree Shakti’ an exhibition of books related women's problems & women's authors
4. We have organized an Exhibition of our C.D. Collection
5. For Geography students we organized an exhibition of various Atlas which we have in library.
6. Residentially books exhibitions was held on 09/10/2014 to 11/10/2014 in which old books from 1962 to onwards and rare books of Mahatma Gandhi were included
Rules for Students using Library
1. For entry inside the counter the students should keep all belongings aside and are allowed to carry only their library card and identity card.
2. Handle the books carefully and do not mutilate them in any way while using.
3. The books issued for home reading from library must be returned on due date that is put up on date slip behind the book. If the same book is required again for the next week, student must renew the book on the due date or is subjected to pay fine of Rs. 1/-
4. In case of loss of a library book the Librarian should be contacted immediately. The lost book should be replaced immediately by whoever lost it. The cost of the book will be recovered only if the book is not available in the market.
5. The library reading room furniture should be used in proper manner. Do not write or stick anything on the tables or chairs or any furniture.
6. Users are required to check the pages of the books while getting it issued. If any mutilation is observed after the issue, the user who is possessing the book will be held responsible and will be eligible for action as per rules.
7. Students have to return all books after examination Books ,taken under home lending are to be returned within 07 days for students. However if the documents are urgently required, Librarian can recall it. If book is retained beyond the limit mentioned above, a fine of Rs.01 per book per day will be charged.
8. Talking loudly, discussing, loitering, eating, smoking, spitting, using mobile, shifting chairs, reserving chairs, scratching on furniture is strictly prohibited.
9. All persons using the Library are subject to the discipline of the college.
10. Keep silence and behave in decent manner and maintain discipline. No entry inside the counter or UGC Network Resource Centre without prior permission of the counter staff
Residentially book -
|Non Teaching Staff|
|Reaccreditation Report Cycle -2 ( 2015 )|
|Phone & InterCom|
|Minor Research Paper (MRP)|
|Defence & Strategic Studies|
|Old Quetion Papers|
|Gandhi Study Center|
|Ladies Security Cell|